Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year Resolutions



This year I resolve to not make resolutions I cannot possibly live up to in a realistically.  Clearly I cannot resolve to become financially free of all debt in just 12 months; there are other things at work there. I can however resolve that I will work harder at saving, cut unnecessary spending, and live more frugally.  The likelihood that I will end all of my bad habits are about as likely that I will hit the lotto tomorrow, so this year I will refrain from resolving to do so. 

I am resolving this year to recognize when to be more humble and just as importantly to acknowledge myself when I should. I will work on not dismissing myself or my efforts as “no problem” when in fact they are but I will also not assume that I am more important than I am, in essence I am going to seek balance. I am also going to work on thinking more deeply before I speak, as I have a habit of sticking my foot in my mouth. I am rather opinionated and have been known to make snap judgments only to later discover that I may have not had all the pertinent information at hand.

 I am as most of us are a work in progress, so rather than claiming I will become this completely transformed person this year, I will work on just being a slightly better version on myself now. I do however resolve to find more happiness in each and every day. I resolve to play more with my children as they are growing fast and soon they will not desire my attention. I resolve to look at my husband frequently, I mean really look at him, see the man I love and hope that he truly sees me in return.  These are resolutions I truly hope I can live up to in the year 2013. 

Let me also add to that~ I will work on putting value into things that are worthy, and in doing so not waste my time on the things that bring no value to my family, life, or happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment